This comp is supposed to be about interpretation, what a performer brings to a song, what they do with
the song. Minor emphasis on music of Japan, old school hip hop, torch ballads, and Latin music.
01. Intro - Chaka Khan - Night in Tunesia (excerpt)
02. Dream Warriors - My Definition of a Boombastic Jazz Style
03. Falsa Percussion Ensemble - Sakura Fantasy
04. David Whitaker and Orchestra - The Look of Love
05. Groove Holmes - Misty
06. Exotic Percussion & Brilliant Brass (John Evans Orch) - An Occasional Man
07. Melon - Quiet Village
08. Takeko Minekawa - Telstar
09. Rashan Roland Kirk - Ain't No Sunshine
10. Philadelphia Luv Ensemble - Ravel's Bolero [college radio capture with spoken
11. Achy Breaky Interlude [wrecked by Vom]
12. Caustic Window - Popcorn
13. Rafael, Orchestra Latino - Getting to Know You
14. Willie Bobo - The Breeze and I
15. Ted Heath and His Music - Do Re Mi
16. Jonah Jones Quartet - Three Coins in the Fountain
17. Friends of Dean Martinez - The Shadow of Your Smile
18. Traut/Rodby - People Make the World Go Round
19. Keely Smith - I Wish You Love
Trevor Rigler C
This comp was made by my friend in Albuquerque, DJ Neoguri, a.k.a. Trevor Rigler.
He has a charming story in his liner note about the title and selection of tracks.
01. Intro - "Welcome"
02. Martin Denny - Theme from Manchurian Candidate
03. Henry Mancini - Tipsy
04. Chuck Sagle & His Orchestra - Muskrat Ramble
05. Rolfo's Trinidad Steel Band - Do You Know the Way to San Jose?
06. Ray Charles Singers - MacArthur Park
07. Perspectives in Percussion Players - Tiger Hunt
08. Hugo Montenegro - Moog Power
09. Enoch Light & His Orchestra - Hello, Dolly!
10. Johnny Keating's Kombo - The Trolley Song
11. Scatman Carothers & Joe Williams - Ghost Riders in the Sky
12. Grand Award All-Stars - Danny Boy
13. Pete Fountain - Shadow of Your Smile
14. Claude Denjean - House of the Rising Sun
15. Eddie Baxter - Theme from Peter Gunn
16. Zero Zero Seven Band - Violence!
17. Ted Heath - Good Morning Starshine
18. Xavier Cugat - Downtown
19. Ferrante & Teicher - Theme from Popi
20. 50 Guitars of Tommy Garrett - The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
21. Lenny Dee - Java
22. Stanley Black & His Orchestra - Babalu
23. Bert Kaempfert - Afrikaan Beat
24. Outro - "They're Still Here..."